Red Sea Housing Q4 profit triples to $8.75m
Jeddah, January 20, 2013
Red Sea Housing Services, a leader in modular housing solutions, has posted a net income of SR32.87 million ($8.75 million) for the fourth quarter of 2012, against SR10.89 million in Q4 2011, making an increase of 201 per cent.
According to company officials, the major rise in net income compared to 2011 is mainly attributed to the strong increase in Revenues, which were up by 5.42 per cent, and the huge 183.91 per cent growth in gross profit, and 205.99 per cent in operating profit, which was a result of the noticeable increase in rental revenues and reduction of installation cost in camps.
During the twelve months of 2012, Red Sea Housing Services recorded a net income of SR120.42 million, which is the highest in the past three years, reflecting a growth rate of 54.60 per cent from SR7.89 million during the same period in 2011 due to the significant increase in revenues reaching to SR864.84, which is the second highest revenue achieved in the company’s history.
Earnings per Share for the twelve-month period reached SAR 3.01 compared to SAR 1.94 for the corresponding period in 2011. Another highlight in the report is the 57.23 per cent increase in Operating Income for the twelve months of 2012, growing from SR85.31 million during the same period in 2011 to SR134.14 million.
While it recorded an increase of 205.99 per cent in operating profit to SR37.27 million during the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to SR12.18 million same period of 2011, These strong results have positively contributed to the company’s gross profit, which grew by 49.38 per cent during last year of 2012 to hit SR221.37 million over SR148.19 million during the same period in 2011.
Gross Profit of the fourth quarter of 2012 reached SR61.41 million compared to SR21.63 million in 2011, an increase of 183.91 per cent.
The company has recommended the distribution of SR60 million as cash dividends for 2012, or SR1.5 per share, which represents 15 per cent of the company’s share capital.
"The decision of distributing dividends comes in line with the efforts of the Board of Directors in order to enhance shareholder returns. This decision was originated subsequent to the strong financial results of Year 2012, which will be implemented immediately after completing and the necessary procedures and acquiring approvals from relevant official bodies,” said Mohammed Othman Mallawi, Investor Relations manager, Red Sea Housing Services.
“Dividends distribution will be given to registered shareholders during the upcoming general assembly, which will be announced in due course.
“The Year 2012 has seen remarkable financial results, which reflect our commitment to the growth strategy of Red Sea Housing Services to reinforce our presence across local markets and access new promising markets, which will enable us to help satisfy the housing needs of the country by leveraging the huge growth potential and strong investment prospects,” he added.
“We will remain steadfast in our efforts to expand our activities across local, regional and international housing markets. We are expecting to witness a qualitative leap and a recognised advantage of the various industrial projects that will commence during the current year, especially in the western region due to the government support for all industries especially the oil sector, the mining and industrial sectors as well,” concluded Mallawi. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals