Sodic delivers key Egypt project
Cairo, January 16, 2013
Sodic, one of Egypt’s top real estate development companies, said it has handed over the first of nine buildings in Westown’s Forty West neighbourhood to Dar Al Handasah, a leading design and architectural consultancy firm.
Forty West is the first mixed-use development launched in Sodic's Westown, which is designed to be the urban heart of Sodic West, the largest planned mixed-use development in Egypt's Sheikh Zayed area.
It is double the size of Zamalek and the development boasts 3,000 residents today and has a catchment area of 60,000 people.
Scheduled for delivery starting 2013, Forty West will offer over 130 fully finished homes designed by Machado & Silvetti Associates, one of the most prominent architecture and urban design firms, with a lively piazza that will include restaurants cafes and retail outlets. Forty West will also include a boutique hotel and commercial building.
"It is a huge testament to Forty West that Dar Al Handasah selected this particular development," remarked Maher Maksoud, the CEO and managing director of Sodic.
"Dar Al Handasah is widely recognized as one of the region’s leading and most respected design and architectural consultancy firms, and their decision to collaborate with Sodic in Forty West signifies it as the premium residential destination of choice," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing