Sodic delivers key Egypt project
Cairo, January 16, 2013
Sodic, one of Egypt’s top real estate development companies, said it has handed over the first of nine buildings in Westown’s Forty West neighbourhood to Dar Al Handasah, a leading design and architectural consultancy firm.
Forty West is the first mixed-use development launched in Sodic's Westown, which is designed to be the urban heart of Sodic West, the largest planned mixed-use development in Egypt's Sheikh Zayed area.
It is double the size of Zamalek and the development boasts 3,000 residents today and has a catchment area of 60,000 people.
Scheduled for delivery starting 2013, Forty West will offer over 130 fully finished homes designed by Machado & Silvetti Associates, one of the most prominent architecture and urban design firms, with a lively piazza that will include restaurants cafes and retail outlets. Forty West will also include a boutique hotel and commercial building.
"It is a huge testament to Forty West that Dar Al Handasah selected this particular development," remarked Maher Maksoud, the CEO and managing director of Sodic.
"Dar Al Handasah is widely recognized as one of the region’s leading and most respected design and architectural consultancy firms, and their decision to collaborate with Sodic in Forty West signifies it as the premium residential destination of choice," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer
- 1,800 contracting workers in Bahrain end strike
- 200 Arabtec workers to be repatriated
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure