Saudi Cement's Q4 profit up 31pc
Riyadh, January 16, 2013
Saudi Cement Company made a net profit of SR277.7 million ($74 million) in the final three months of 2012 compared to SR211.4 million during the same period the previous year boosted by higher local demand.
The company posted a better than expected 31.4 per cent rise in its fourth-quarter net profit, it said in a bourse statement.
Four analysts surveyed by Reuters expected the firm to post on average SR255.5 million.
Operating profit rose by 36.8 percent to 300.9 million riyals, up from 220 million riyals in the final three months of 2011.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014