Majaal clinches deal at Gulf Industry Fair
Manama, January 15, 2013
The Gulf Industry Fair 2013 (GIF) saw the signing of a major deal within a few hours of the inauguration of the event when Majaal Warehouse Company sealed a tenancy agreement with a new Bahrain-based firm.
The leading business-to-business event for the industrial sector was opened this morning by Bahrain's Prime Minister His Royal Highness Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre (BIECC).
Majaal Warehouse Company, a leading provider of warehousing and industrial facilities for small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), signed the tenancy agreement with Middle East Environmental Technology Services (ME-ETS), a start-up company established to provide new technology environmental remediation solutions for the Mena region.
ME-ETS will house its manufacturing facility at the Majaal facility, where it will produce the Ivey-sol remediation solutions.
Commenting on the deal, Amin Al Arrayed, the general manager of First Bahrain and managing director of Majaal Warehouse Company said, "Further diversifying Majaal’s tenant base, we have signed yet another key agreement with one of Bahrain’s entrepreneurial entities, ME-ETS."
"Majaal represents our initiative to support and strengthen the Kingdom’s emerging industrial segment of the SME sector and to attract value-added investments that will not only stimulate the local economy but will also enhance Bahrain’s position as a regional hub for industrial businesses," he remarked.
"This key partnership endorses Majaal’s unique offerings and the state-of-the art facilities that suits various business models,” he stated.
Christopher Gale, the CEO and Phil Gordon, COO, owners of ME-ETS said, “We chose Majaal as one of the strategic partners to provide excellent logistical facilities and support for our manufacturing operations. Having visited the warehouse complex and speaking with current tenants, ME-ETS decided that being located in Majaal is the prime opportunity as Majaal is known for its continued customer service and commitment to its clients."
Majaal is strategically located within close proximity to all ports as it is located within the Salman Industrial City at the Bahrain Investment Wharf, providing easy access to Khalifa bin Salman Port and other major transport links in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
In choosing to base its operations at the SME-focused warehouse and logistic facility designed to service the needs of the industrial sector, ME-ETS will also enjoy a set of value-added services that raise the bar for such facilities.
Majaal presently offers 130,000 square feet of secure, flexible and cost effective storage space.
The convenient and high-quality storage units are complemented with set of services that include 24 hours a day, seven days a week security service, state-of-the-art hitrech communication technology provisions, assistance on efficient design and use of spaces available from as little as 2,700 sq ft to as much as 10,700 sq ft.
Beyond these core services, Majaal tenants benefit from professional facilities management, and onsite forklift rental and logistics support, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan