Kingdom completes $80m land sale
Riyadh, January 13, 2013
Saudi Arabia's Kingdom Holding , the investment vehicle owned by billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, has sold a plot of land east of the Saudi capital to Subul Development Co, a bourse filing said on Sunday.
The one million square metres of land near Riyadh was sold for 300 million riyals ($80 million), giving Kingdom a profit of 185 million riyals, which will be booked in the company's fourth-quarter results, the statement added.
Kingdom, which holds minority stakes in some of the world's top companies including Citigroup, News Corporation and microblogging site Twitter, sold New York's Plaza Hotel last month to an Indian conglomerate for a $32.9 million profit. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches waterfront luxury project
- Ebrahim Kanoo buys key plots at Manara project
- Arabtec wins $108m Saudi hospital contract
- Bahrain awards $16m road projects
- UAE office fitouts shifting to modular layouts
- Bahrain set to revamp fish market
- Bahrain issues 4,402 building permits in 5 months
- BIME awarded key Saudi contract
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer