Kingdom completes $80m land sale
Riyadh, January 13, 2013
Saudi Arabia's Kingdom Holding , the investment vehicle owned by billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, has sold a plot of land east of the Saudi capital to Subul Development Co, a bourse filing said on Sunday.
The one million square metres of land near Riyadh was sold for 300 million riyals ($80 million), giving Kingdom a profit of 185 million riyals, which will be booked in the company's fourth-quarter results, the statement added.
Kingdom, which holds minority stakes in some of the world's top companies including Citigroup, News Corporation and microblogging site Twitter, sold New York's Plaza Hotel last month to an Indian conglomerate for a $32.9 million profit. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract