Cofely Besix wins top FM accreditation
Dubai, January 9, 2013
Ten facility managers from Cofely Besix Facility Management recently received official accreditation from the Middle East Facilities Management Association (MEFMA).
The team became the first official MEFMA Associate facility managers in the region, having completed five days of extensive training in operations and management, project management, finance and business essentials, sustainability in facilities management and leadership and strategy.
“The key for customers is in knowing that they get an accredited standard of knowledge and knowhow in the manager. This allows the customer to have confidence that their assets are in the best hands going forward allowing the process of outsourcing will have the greatest benefits,” said Ian Harfield, general manager of Cofely Besix Facility Management.
“It is a good demonstration that when a company invests in its staff, the staff respond to the challenge, understanding the added value given by the learning opportunity to not only themselves, but also how their new skills and knowledge can benefit our customers in the long run.
“It is always rewarding as a manager to see staff developing and even more so when through MEFMA when we have been able progress their learning on a structured and accredited course, which goes with our ethos of Cofely Besix Facility Management adding value to our staff,” added Harfield.
Supported by the Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA) as a non-profit association, MEFMA provides a dedicated platform for facility management professionals, wider construction industry stakeholders and owner associations.
“I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Cofely Besix on their most auspicious certificates ceremony, and congratulate them overall for their effort and success rate,” said Ahmed Hussain, member of the MEFMA Board of Directors.
“This marks the vision of Cofely Besix to educate their staff highlighting their determination to improve their overall performance with a competent, educated workforce. Being one of the MEFMA Board of Directors I am very proud to see the growth of MEFMA and its contribution to the region’s FM industry.
“MEFMA has become the dedicated platform for providing specialized training course befitting the industry requirements and we are very happy to see that FM companies such as Cofely Besix are supporting their management team by providing certified MEFMA training. This will set them apart from their competition in this competitive industry,” concluded Hussain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m