HRH the Premier
Bahrain inks $448m financing with Saudi fund
Manama, December 31, 2012
Bahrain has signed six financing agreements totalling $448 million with the Saudi Development Fund to support a number of infrastructure projects as part of the GCC Development Programme.
These include the construction of 1,560 housing units at Al Dur, six new schools and a number of infrastructure projects, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The grant will be used for the Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Interchange between roundabouts 13 and 18, the Muharraq Ring Road Phase I, and the partial funding of the Tubli Sewage Treatment Plant Expansion Phase 4 and the Water Transmission Network.
This agreement is part of phase I of the financing grant of $500 million for two years.
The deal was signed by Finance Minister Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa and Fund vice-president and board member Yousif bin Ebrahim Al Bassam.
Saudi Arabia acting Ambassador to Bahrain Mohammed Al Budaiwi, Finance Ministry Under-Secretary Aref Saleh Khamis and officials from the Fund and the ministry attended.
Chairing the weekly Cabinet session, HRH Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa hailed the deals.
The session commended the GCC's financial support for Bahrain, which reflects strong ties and solid co-operation between member states.
It also paid tribute to Saudi Arabia, led by Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud for backing development programmes in Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum