Belhasa Projects sets up power division
Dubai, December 30, 2012
UAE-based construction services company Belhasa Projects said it has created a new division to focus on high and medium sub-station and high voltage cabling work in the region.
An award winning multi-faceted company, Belhasa Projects said it expects strong growth in infrastructure projects in the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Iraq in 2013 after a better than expected business volume in 2012.
On its new division, CEO Suleyman Gary Busby said, "Diversification has always been our key strategy and we decided to create a new power division on the back of increased interest from the industry for our sub-station and electrical work expertise. We have successfully completed electrical works for Asghal in Qatar this year."
"We also expect a strong growth in infrastructure projects in the region, we have seen strong demand for our sewage treatment and district cooling work in Saudi Arabia and UAE," noted Busby.
Apart from the wet infrastructure and electromechanical works, the company has also experienced a good year for its sports and coatings division, said the top official.
A notable project this year is the construction of the jogging track for central park in Palm Jumeirah which opened in December to coincide with the 41st anniversary celebration of the UAE National Day and is now called the Al Ittihad Park.
Belhasa Projects supplied and installed the 2.2 km jogging track including substrate, kerb, asphalt, rubber floor, and various training equipment for 14 exercise stations, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal