Qatar Airways files $600m suit against Lindner Depa
Doha, December 29, 2012
Qatar Airways is filing a $600 million legal claim against the contractor for a delay in opening a new international airport in Doha, it said in a press release on Saturday.
Lindner Depa Interiors, a German-Dubai joint venture, holds a $250 million contract to build 19 airport lounges by the middle of 2012, said Qatar Airways, which will operate the new airport.
The $15.5 billion airport will be the hub for an airline that has grown to a fleet of 116 aircraft since its launch 15 years ago. The new airport was scheduled to open this month but is now expected to start operations in late 2013, the airline said in the release.
It said Doha's existing airport had reached capacity and the delay in moving to a new facility was hindering the company's expansion plans.
LDI is a joint venture between Lindner Group and Depa United Group.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna