Qatar Airways files $600m suit against Lindner Depa
Doha, December 29, 2012
Qatar Airways is filing a $600 million legal claim against the contractor for a delay in opening a new international airport in Doha, it said in a press release on Saturday.
Lindner Depa Interiors, a German-Dubai joint venture, holds a $250 million contract to build 19 airport lounges by the middle of 2012, said Qatar Airways, which will operate the new airport.
The $15.5 billion airport will be the hub for an airline that has grown to a fleet of 116 aircraft since its launch 15 years ago. The new airport was scheduled to open this month but is now expected to start operations in late 2013, the airline said in the release.
It said Doha's existing airport had reached capacity and the delay in moving to a new facility was hindering the company's expansion plans.
LDI is a joint venture between Lindner Group and Depa United Group.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Big demand for housing projects at KAEC
- Bahrain real estate prices slump
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects
- DWC to build new agent warehouses
- Arabtec appoints new HR officer
- Sodic appoints new financial officer
- Avant in distribution deal with Danube, Al Taif
- Egypt says disputes with Damac are resolved
- Abu Dhabi TDIC picks up Yardi voyager