Bahrain, Kuwait fund reach housing grants deal
Manama, December 27, 2012
Bahrain has reached an agreement with Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development on a grant to fund parts of Northern City and East Hidd housing projects, said a senior government official.
Housing Minister Bassem Al Hamer added that the ministry has approved 844 old housing applications out of 1,560, according to a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
Assistant undersecretary for housing policies and services Khalid Al Amer said efforts are being stepped up to finalise 2,800 requests submitted from June 1 to September 30.
Parliament’s bureau has agreed to discuss a request submitted by MPs about completed housing projects and ministry’s future plans concerning housing applications and decisions issued to this effect, housing eligibility conditions and summoning of the minister to attend the session, said chairman Khalifa Al Dhahrani.
A special session will be held on January 8 for this purpose, reported our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show