Bahrain, Kuwait fund reach housing grants deal
Manama, December 27, 2012
Bahrain has reached an agreement with Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development on a grant to fund parts of Northern City and East Hidd housing projects, said a senior government official.
Housing Minister Bassem Al Hamer added that the ministry has approved 844 old housing applications out of 1,560, according to a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
Assistant undersecretary for housing policies and services Khalid Al Amer said efforts are being stepped up to finalise 2,800 requests submitted from June 1 to September 30.
Parliament’s bureau has agreed to discuss a request submitted by MPs about completed housing projects and ministry’s future plans concerning housing applications and decisions issued to this effect, housing eligibility conditions and summoning of the minister to attend the session, said chairman Khalifa Al Dhahrani.
A special session will be held on January 8 for this purpose, reported our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals