Etisalat FM picks partner for UAE project
Dubai, December 26, 2012
Etisalat Facilities Management, an independent unit of UAE's top telecom services provider Etisalat, said it has signed up Wojood Facilities Management, one of the sister companies of the Dh3.2 billion ($871 million) Dubai-based Al Barari project, as its strategic partner.
Al Barari is an eco-friendly sustainable mixed-use development located in the prestigious Nad al Sheba district in the emirate. It extends over an area of 14.2 million sq ft, of which 80 per cent is open green gardens comprising 189 luxury villas.
As per the deal, Etisalat FM will utilize the human resources and workforce of Wojood to provide best global support services, and also expand the scope of its work in Dubai, said its GM Mustafa Al Ateeq after signing the deal with Wojood Facilities Management CEO Mohammed Bin Zaal in Dubai.
Etisalat FM officials Amer Al Mansouri, the executive director of HR and Administration and Ali Hasan Al Harmoodi, executive director of Design and Consultancy were also present at the signing ceremony.
Under the two-year agreement, Etisalat FM will provide technical support to the Barari project including: maintenance and management of private villas facilities, retail facilities, tennis courts and restaurant.
The deal, which is effective from January 1, will cover about 189 villas. It will also provide mechanical and electrical maintenance, plumbing, AC and swimming pool maintenance besides home automation system maintenance and minor civil and carpentry works for the Barari project.
Commenting on the partnership, Mohammed Bin Zaal said, “We are pleased to be selected as a strategic partner for Etisalat FM as this reflects the great appreciation and deep trust that Wojood has in the country.”
Etisalat FM, he said, will be sending a work team to Wojood FM offices located in the Barari project to provide the best service to its residents, investors and businesses.
Mustafa Al Ateeq said, "This agreement with Wojood comes as a result of our continuous efforts to expand and enhance our operations in the country, as we have developed and updated a number of different projects in the real estate sectors."-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings