Volvo named top construction equipment brand
Dubai, December 24, 2012
Volvo Construction Equipment was honoured with the Construction Equipment Brand of the Year accolade during the Big Project Middle East Awards 2012 held recently in Dubai.
The award was received by Paul Floyd, managing director of Famco, the exclusive agent of Volvo Construction Equipment in the UAE and Saudi Arabia, and Shahir El Essawy, Volvo Construction Equipment business manager, Mena.
The Big Project Middle East Awards honour all companies and individuals that contribute substantially to both the construction and sustainability industries across the GCC.
“Volvo’s recognition as the Construction Equipment Brand of the Year is due to our exceptional year on year business growth throughout the UAE and Saudi Arabia, as well as the quality and experience of our workforce with respect to handling and promoting the Volvo brand in those two markets,” said Floyd.
Tomas Kuta, president of Volvo Construction Equipment Sales Region EMEA said: “We are absolutely thrilled and feel extremely honoured to receive this award. Innovation and quality have been at the heart of Volvo CE’s long history and I firmly believe will continue to shape us now and in the future.”
“This is evidenced by our customers every day through more productivity per litre of fuel and greater uptime in more comfort, and by our children through Volvo Group’s global commitment through WWF Climate Savers to reduce our CO2 emissions both in terms of our manufacturing footprint and through our products.
“I also feel this award recognises a key element of Volvo CE in that we strive to provide our customers with more efficient dealer support from a more extensive and qualified dealer network. In this regard I am extremely grateful to Famco, our dealer in the UAE and Saudi Arabia. The team there certainly share heavily in this success and should feel extremely proud of what they’ve achieved,” said Kuta.
Floyd added: “The award was based on stringent criteria set forth by the judging panel. It is a testament to Face’s regional leadership and Volvo’s uncompromising commitment to safety, quality and product design. The Construction Equipment Brand of the Year award compliments Famco’s overall approach towards providing the highest possible levels of service and product support.”
Famco (Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Co.) offers products and services to a diverse range of industries and commercial undertakings. It has bases in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Ras Al Khaimah, and recently started operations in Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Oman. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals