Empower lauds UAE mega project launch
Dubai, December 23, 2012
Emirates Central Cooling Systems Corporation (Empower), a leading district cooling provider in the Middle East, has lauded the UAE’s milestone achievements in the fourth quarter exemplified by investments in major projects, including the Khalifa Port in Abu Dhabi.
This strategic move is expected to give a major boost to trade and economic sectors in a short period of time across the country, said a top official.
“The UAE unveiled a series of mega projects projects in the fourth quarter, especially the Khalifa Port project which consolidates the country’s position in marine trade, logistic services and container transport,” remarked Ahmed Bin Shafar, the CEO of Empower.
Khalifa Port, he said, marks the start of another phase in the country's development by diversifying the economy towards value-added services.
Khalifa Port is equipped with an automated container station supported by a ready electronic system designed to meet the needs of freight and shipping sectors in the UAE.
Another project, Mohammad Bin Rashid SME Fund for supporting SMEs in Dubai, was launched to support around 100 projects for youths annually.
The fund aims to provide support to small and medium projects and create a new generation of entrepreneurs to boost the UAE economy, he noted.
“SMEs are considered the pillar of any country’s economy as they create new job opportunities and raise competitiveness and boost the dynamism of the economy. In this regard, the UAE is giving close attention to supporting SME sectors,” Bin Shafar said.
According to him, the significance of Mohammad Bin Rashid SME Fund is that it tackles a major hurdle faced by SMEs, which is the lack of funding.
Bin Shafar called upon the SMEs to invest in the district cooling and allied sectors, "in order to boost this dynamic sector in the Middle East."-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals