UFMCO wins maintenance deal for 153 villas
Doha, December 16, 2012
Qatar’s United Facilities Management Company (UFMCO) has been awarded its first three-year maintenance contract with Qatar Vinyl Company to provide electrical, plumbing and civil services for 153 villas.
UMFCO will supply round-the-clock mechanical, electrical and civil maintenance for 113 villas located in the Mesaieed area and 40 villas located throughout Doha, a statement said.
“With our dedicated workforce and experienced professionals we are confident to serve this new residential portfolio,” Brad Robbins, UMFCO general manager said.
The contract win follows earlier successes when the firm was chosen to provide comprehensive maintenance services to various precincts at The Pearl-Qatar, a man-made Island located 350 meters offshore of Doha.
The facilities management company has received a number of high-level quality management accreditations: VQMI (Velosi Quality Management International) compliance certificates for ISO 14001:2004 for its Environmental Management System, ISO 9001:2008 for its Quality Management System and OHSAS 18001: 2007 for its Occupational Health & Safety System.
The three accreditations cover a range of services UFMCO provides, including facilities management, environmental services, waste management, industrial cleaning, infrastructure engineering and landscaping.
Formed in March 2011, UFMCO’s core business is the delivery of facilities management services. Geared initially to servicing The Pearl-Qatar, the company plans to expand gradually over time to major cities in Qatar, as well as to countries throughout the Mena region, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum