Bahrain ministry denies housing tender advert
, December 11, 2012
Bahrain’s Housing Ministry has denied advertising a tender for the construction of 54,000 housing units in foreign newspapers, a report said.
A review of ministry’s tenders and contracts database shows that local consultancy firms are invited to submit offers for about 65 per cent of the total housing projects, while foreign offices are awarded 35 per cent, according to a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The ministry reiterated its confidence in the engineering capabilities of Bahraini consultancy offices, the report said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office
- 50 firms to showcase at Cityscape Riyadh
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- New power station for Bahrain hospital
- Al Hamra Village wins top mixed-use award
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower