Emaar launches giant Dubai residential project
Dubai, December 9, 2012
Dubai developer Emaar Properties and an arm of Dubai Holding, the ruler's conglomerate, launched the first project in a planned multi-billion dollar flagship development on Sunday - a complex of luxury residences and a golf course.
Dubai Hills will be part of the Mohammed Bin Rashid (MBR) City, the mega tourism and retail development project announced by the emirate in November, Emaar and Dubai Holding said in a joint statement.
The project's villas, each to be built on plots of 20,000 to 30,000 square feet, would be designed around a new 18-hole championship course to be developed by world golf course experts, it said.
Opened by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, the new gated community will provide ultra-luxury residences, designed to the bespoke considerations of the owners.
Truly unparalleled in the residential project development history of the city, Dubai Hills ushers in a brand-new lifestyle that will set a new mark in high-end lifestyles, following the enormous success of ‘Emirates Hills’ developed by Emaar, a statement from the company said.
The exclusive community is designed around a new 18-hole championship golf course to be developed by world-renowned golf course experts, with the villas to overlook the rolling greens and fairways.
Each villa will be set on spacious plots of 20,000 to 30,000 sq ft, giving customers the option to develop mansions of their choice in the heart of the city. The community assures residents of safety, security, reliability and effortless access to all lifestyle amenities within an integrated neighbourhood, the statement said.
Ahmad Al Matrooshi, managing director, Emaar Properties, said: “As the first project in MBR City, which reflects the vision of Sheikh Mohammed on the future growth of the emirate, Dubai Hills will bring an unprecedented dimension to luxury living.”
“The highest benchmarks in quality and design aesthetics that are envisaged for every aspect of MBR City will be highlighted at Dubai Hills, which will become a referral point in the region for superior residential lifestyle development. With demand for premium homes in the city increasing, led by Dubai’s status as the region’s business and lifestyle hub, Dubai Hills is set to be the first choice for the discerning property investors.”
“Dubai Hills will mark one of the most remarkable additions to the residential property landscape of the city, mirroring the highest standards set for MBR City. By drawing on the strong development competencies, the new residential development will further energise the property sector,” he added.
“Set in the ambience of the new golf course, the exclusive gated community will be a sanctuary for relaxation, with the development aspects to also focus on sustainability and environmental-friendliness.”
The new development will be located between Emirates Road and Al Khail Road, with easy access to all the business and tourism landmarks in the city.
In addition to parks, retail centres, schools and healthcare facilities, residents will also have easy access to the largest park in the heart of MBR City as well as the Mall of the World development, the world’s largest mall, and the region’s largest family entertainment centre, developed in partnership with Universal Studios International.
Envisaged as a brand new city that redefines the context of urban development, MBR City will focus on family tourism with a central park that is 30 per cent bigger than Hyde Park in London, the new mall and the family entertainment centre, the statement added.– Reuters and TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals