JBT wins Oman airport contract
Chicago, December 8, 2012
JBT Corporation, a leading technology solutions provider to air transportation industries, has won a contract worth over $20 million from Oman Ministry of Transport and Communications for supply of gate equipment for the Sultanate's new airport terminals.
The order clinched by JBT's AeroTech business unit includes the supply of 40 Jetway passenger boarding bridges for the new terminal at Muscat International Airport and eight Jetway passenger boarding bridges for the new terminal at Salalah Airport.
The Jetway boarding bridges will support the airport development projects in both Muscat and Salalah to meet the continued growth in international and regional air travel and tourism, said a statement from JBT.
Both projects' design includes additional future opportunities for expansion when required by growth and demand, it added.
"We are very pleased to be a part of these important regional development programs through the building of new airport terminals in the Sultanate of Oman," said John Lee, the vice president and division manager, JBT AeroTech.
"JBT AeroTech received notification in the third quarter of 2012 and anticipates installation of the gate equipment to be completed in the second quarter of 2014," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: contract |
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract