JBT wins Oman airport contract
Chicago, December 8, 2012
JBT Corporation, a leading technology solutions provider to air transportation industries, has won a contract worth over $20 million from Oman Ministry of Transport and Communications for supply of gate equipment for the Sultanate's new airport terminals.
The order clinched by JBT's AeroTech business unit includes the supply of 40 Jetway passenger boarding bridges for the new terminal at Muscat International Airport and eight Jetway passenger boarding bridges for the new terminal at Salalah Airport.
The Jetway boarding bridges will support the airport development projects in both Muscat and Salalah to meet the continued growth in international and regional air travel and tourism, said a statement from JBT.
Both projects' design includes additional future opportunities for expansion when required by growth and demand, it added.
"We are very pleased to be a part of these important regional development programs through the building of new airport terminals in the Sultanate of Oman," said John Lee, the vice president and division manager, JBT AeroTech.
"JBT AeroTech received notification in the third quarter of 2012 and anticipates installation of the gate equipment to be completed in the second quarter of 2014," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: contract |
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah