JBT wins Oman airport contract
Chicago, December 8, 2012
JBT Corporation, a leading technology solutions provider to air transportation industries, has won a contract worth over $20 million from Oman Ministry of Transport and Communications for supply of gate equipment for the Sultanate's new airport terminals.
The order clinched by JBT's AeroTech business unit includes the supply of 40 Jetway passenger boarding bridges for the new terminal at Muscat International Airport and eight Jetway passenger boarding bridges for the new terminal at Salalah Airport.
The Jetway boarding bridges will support the airport development projects in both Muscat and Salalah to meet the continued growth in international and regional air travel and tourism, said a statement from JBT.
Both projects' design includes additional future opportunities for expansion when required by growth and demand, it added.
"We are very pleased to be a part of these important regional development programs through the building of new airport terminals in the Sultanate of Oman," said John Lee, the vice president and division manager, JBT AeroTech.
"JBT AeroTech received notification in the third quarter of 2012 and anticipates installation of the gate equipment to be completed in the second quarter of 2014," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: contract |
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Big demand for housing projects at KAEC
- Bahrain real estate prices slump
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects
- DWC to build new agent warehouses
- Arabtec appoints new HR officer
- Sodic appoints new financial officer
- Avant in distribution deal with Danube, Al Taif
- Egypt says disputes with Damac are resolved
- Abu Dhabi TDIC picks up Yardi voyager