Drake & Scull wins $40m MEP contracts
Dubai, November 27, 2012
Drake & Scull International, a regional market leader in integrated design, engineering and construction sector, has won mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) contracts worth Dh149 million ($40.5 million) in Qatar and India.
The contract includes two MEP deals for a Dh55 million hotel apartment project and a Dh40 million district cooling project in Qatar in addition to a Dh54 million residential tower project in India, said a statement from the Dubai-based contractor.
DSI said mobilization on site for the three projects was currently underway. The hotel apartment project is scheduled for completion in February 2014, while the district cooling project will be ready in November next year.
The upcoming Indian tower is the Dubai firm's first contract in the residential sector which is expected to be completed in November.
Speaking on the contract wins, CEO Khaldoun Tabari said, "Qatar remains a key strategic market for DSI in the region and we expect a stronger momentum of project awards next year as we have not seen many contracts materialize in 2012."
The new MEP project award in India is the first for us in the residential sector and we aim to further expand in this sector. Our Water & Power operations are engaged in many tenders across the country and in 2013 we expect further growth for DSI in the Indian utilities sector through Passavant Roediger, our specialized global Waste Water and Water Treatment German Subsidiary,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014
- Abu Dhabi’s project spend ‘to top $100bn’
- Israel, Jordan and Palestine ink landmark water deal
- Bahrain wastewater treatment plant upgraded
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre