Doosan rolls out new powerful wheel loader
Waterloo (Belgium) , November 21, 2012
Doosan Infracore Construction Equipment, an industry leader in marketing of compact and heavy construction equipment, has launched the new generation DL550 wheel loader in the Middle East and Africa region.
The DL550 wheel loader is Doosan's top-of-the-range model in its new family of wheel loaders. It is also the company's largest and most powerful of the wheel loaders, said a company statement.
With a bucket capacity of 5.4 cu m, the DL550 wheel loader is designed to meet a wide range of material-handling needs from loading and transporting granular material (such as sand and gravel) to industrial, mining and quarrying applications, it stated.
A key feature of the new DL550 wheel loader is the Tier 2 12.7 litre Scania DC13 turbo-charged, air-to-air intercooled diesel engine, which is ideal for use in the Middle East and Africa, delivering ‘best in class’ power with a maximum output of 294 kW at 2100 RPM.
The high engine power output is combined with new ZF transmissions and several other features which, in addition to reducing fuel consumption, provide exceptional performance, high durability, ease of handling and serviceability, and significantly enhanced operator comfort.
The new DL550 wheel loader has three engine working modes: Eco, Normal and Power, to adapt the machine to different applications, with different engine speeds and gear steps according to the working mode engaged, the statement added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed