UAE firm keen to buy major share in Depa
Dubai, November 21, 2012
Dubai-based interiors contractor Depa said on Tuesday that an unknown UAE-based entity plans to buy a significant stake in the firm, leading to a sharp rally in its shares.
Depa, listed on the Nasdaq Dubai bourse, said it had no details on the potential buyer but said the entity could be based in Dubai or Abu Dhabi and plans to acquire a sizeable stake in its ordinary shares from the market.
"At this stage the name of the purchaser, the size of their current stake and their intentions are unknown," the company said in a bourse statement.
Shares of Depa jumped 47 per cent to $0.44, reaching a five-month high. About 150 million shares were traded, which is more than what the company's shares traded in the previous two years combined.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure
- Better Homes releases property guides
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site
- Strike won't affect projects says Arabtec
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost