UAE firm keen to buy major share in Depa
Dubai, November 21, 2012
Dubai-based interiors contractor Depa said on Tuesday that an unknown UAE-based entity plans to buy a significant stake in the firm, leading to a sharp rally in its shares.
Depa, listed on the Nasdaq Dubai bourse, said it had no details on the potential buyer but said the entity could be based in Dubai or Abu Dhabi and plans to acquire a sizeable stake in its ordinary shares from the market.
"At this stage the name of the purchaser, the size of their current stake and their intentions are unknown," the company said in a bourse statement.
Shares of Depa jumped 47 per cent to $0.44, reaching a five-month high. About 150 million shares were traded, which is more than what the company's shares traded in the previous two years combined.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014
- Abu Dhabi’s project spend ‘to top $100bn’
- Israel, Jordan and Palestine ink landmark water deal
- Bahrain wastewater treatment plant upgraded
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office
- 50 firms to showcase at Cityscape Riyadh