Major deals signed at Big 5 show
Dubai, November 20, 2012
Exhibitors from the UK, Qatar and the US announced signing of major deals worth millions of dollars at the recently concluded Big 5 construction show in Dubai.
The four-day event saw a total of 2,371 exhibitors, from 60 countries showcasing the latest products and technologies from across the building and construction industry.
The event has further propelled the event’s expansion across the Middle East and India, said Andy White, event director.
The positive outlook for the market has been reflected in the increased demand by suppliers to exhibit at The Big 5 Saudi, taking place in Jeddah in March 2013.
“The Big 5 2012 appears to have set a precedent for the market, and generated a significant amount of optimism and enthusiasm for the year ahead,” said White.
“Having such a well established reputation, with more than 30 years in the region, The Big 5 will see substantial expansion in 2013 with the launch of two new events and further growth of the Saudi event (9-12 March), which has doubled in size year-on-year since 2011.”
The Big 5 Construct India and The Big 5 Kuwait will both launch in September 2013, taking place from 2-4 in Mumbai and 16-18 in Kuwait City respectively.
“Two thousand and thirteen will very much be a milestone year for The Big 5, with two new events and phenomenal growth in Saudi,” concluded White.
The Big 5 2013 will take place from November 25 to 28 at the Dubai World Trade Centre. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna