Saudi Build trade visitors top 22,500
Riyadh, November 18, 2012
Saudi Build 2012, the 24th international construction technology and building materials exhibition, attracted 22,650 visitors from all over the world as well as over 800 companies from 35 countries.
Millions of dollars worth of trade agreements and projects were signed during its run from November 11 to 14 at the Riyadh International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Saudi Build 2012 generated strong interest and remarkable international participation as reflected by numerous national and country pavilions from Austria, Belgium, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Italy, Jordan, Korea, Kuwait, Portugal, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, UAE and UK.
The event was concurrently held with Saudi Stone-Tech – the 14th international stone and stone technology show, and Saudi Build – The PMV Series 2012, the 3rd international exhibition for construction equipment, plant, machinery and vehicles.
Sebastian Sons, official representative of the German Pavilion representing the German Ministry of Economy & Technology, said: “This is our 14th year of participation at Saudi Build, which is one of region’s biggest and most effective specialized events.”
“Saudi Arabia’s growing interest in German products, its positive market results and population growth combined with several other factors have boosted trade figures between both countries to surpass 6 billion euros ($7.64 billion) by 2011, and position Germany as the fourth biggest trade partner of the Kingdom.
“Business cooperation between both countries mainly constitutes German machinery and material exports in the fields of construction, healthcare, automotive, engineering, education and exchange programs among others,” he added.
Saudi Build is the only construction trade show in Saudi Arabia accredited by UFI, the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry. UFI grants certification to top-notch professional events managed by experienced organizers with proven track records in international exhibitions.
Providing an exclusive opportunity for local and international construction suppliers to identify new business opportunities in Saudi Arabia’s construction industry, Saudi Build 2012 showcased the latest in building materials & equipment; architectural finishing products; stone, marble and granite products; construction tools and technology; engineering services; infrastructure materials; security & safety systems, among others. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project