Belhasa wins big Singapore, India contracts
Abu Dhabi, November 14, 2012
UAE-based construction services company Belhasa Projects said its sports and coatings division has won contracts worth more than $10 million in Singapore, India and Qatar.
Currently, the company is in the process of constructing a 9,600 sq m Rugby field in Centaurus Centre of Excellence in Singapore.
The award winning UAE firm said it will use Rhino Turf, a ‘state of the art’ range of synthetic turf products designed in the UK for the Rugby field. This is the company’s first project in Singapore.
Belhasa has also won a contract to construct 7,500 sq m running track for the Indian Navy at Kochi in the south Indian state of Kerala. Another project in progress is an indoor gymnasium for ACS Doha International School in Qatar, it added.
Commenting on the wins, CEO Suleyman Gary Busby said expansion into other markets was part of its strategic growth plan.
"This year our various business divisions have won several projects in Iraq, Maldives and Qatar. We have ongoing projects in India; and Singapore is another new market for us. Our Sports and Coatings division has seen increased demand this year and we are in the process of pitching for several other projects," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan