Doha tower project work to resume
Doha, November 4, 2012
Lusail Real Estate Development Company (LREDC) has relaunched its Doha Convention Centre Tower project after a lapse of more than two years.
The company has invited prequalification bids for the 112-storey project. The last date to bid is December 11.
The tower will have a gross built-up area of 219,000 sq m above grade and 110,000 sq m below-grade for parking facilities.
It rises from a 55m x 55m base at the ground floor with the four sides of 552m-high shear glass facades sloping inward.
It also has a 400m tall concrete structure plus 150m steel helix structure sheathed in a glass façade.
Work on the project was earlier halted following fears that it could disrupt the take off and landing of flights in Doha.
The Doha Convention Centre and Tower project is located in the West Bay Area and will have a host of hotel facilities and apartments, in addition to retail spaces.
The convention area itself will be 100,000 sq m in size, while the tower and centre will include 65,000 sq m of gross office floor space and 25,000 sq m of retail area, reports said.
Lusail Real Estate Development Company is owned by Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment Company. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings