Fluor inks Shell EMEA projects accord
Texas (US), November 3, 2012
US-based Fluor Corporation said it has inked a five-year enterprise framework agreement with Shell to provide its engineering and project management services for the company's downstream, and potentially, upstream onshore projects in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Under the terms of the agreement, Fluor will provide design, project and construction management, home-office and site-based engineering services to Shell's key projects.
Commenting on the deal, Peter Oosterveer, the president of Fluor's Energy & Chemicals Group said, "This new enterprise framework agreement with Shell for the EMEA region demonstrates Fluor's alignment with Shell's global strategy."
The agreement includes an option to be extended for another five years and opportunities to include Shell's upstream projects and other geographic regions, he added.
Currently, the US company is working on Shell projects in Malaysia, the Philippines and Canada. Fluor also provides operations and maintenance services at Shell sites in Australia, Qatar, Russia and the Netherlands.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi’s project spend ‘to top $100bn’
- Israel, Jordan and Palestine ink landmark water deal
- Bahrain wastewater treatment plant upgraded
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office
- 50 firms to showcase at Cityscape Riyadh
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- New power station for Bahrain hospital
- Al Hamra Village wins top mixed-use award