Outokumpu supplies steel for Qatar project
Doha, November 3, 2012
Outokumpu, a global leader in stainless steel, said it has delivered some 170 tonnes of specialty stainless steel for the construction of the new headquarters of Qatar Foundation at Education City on the outskirts of Doha.
The new headquarters building will also include an adjacent 3-4 storey high strategic studies centre which, together with the main headquarters building, sits on a common podium, said the Sweden-based steel maker in a statement.
The work is scheduled for completion by the middle of next year, it added.
Outokumpu is a regular supplier of rectangular hollow sections and L-profiles manufactured from duplex plate to Eversendai Engineering, which is in charge of delivering the structural package for the new building, said a senior official.
“The Qatar Foundation project is a prime example of the added value services we can provide to its customers, remarked Tobias Larsson, a senior official from Outokumpu, UAE.
"The production of the structural sections for this project included various steps from cutting and bending to edge preparation to ensure a smooth installation at the construction site," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan