Outokumpu supplies steel for Qatar project
Doha, November 3, 2012
Outokumpu, a global leader in stainless steel, said it has delivered some 170 tonnes of specialty stainless steel for the construction of the new headquarters of Qatar Foundation at Education City on the outskirts of Doha.
The new headquarters building will also include an adjacent 3-4 storey high strategic studies centre which, together with the main headquarters building, sits on a common podium, said the Sweden-based steel maker in a statement.
The work is scheduled for completion by the middle of next year, it added.
Outokumpu is a regular supplier of rectangular hollow sections and L-profiles manufactured from duplex plate to Eversendai Engineering, which is in charge of delivering the structural package for the new building, said a senior official.
“The Qatar Foundation project is a prime example of the added value services we can provide to its customers, remarked Tobias Larsson, a senior official from Outokumpu, UAE.
"The production of the structural sections for this project included various steps from cutting and bending to edge preparation to ensure a smooth installation at the construction site," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower
- Interface named ‘Most Sustainable' firm
- Musanada inks $582m Abu Dhabi-Dubai road deal
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom