R&M upgrades Egypt university cable network
Cairo, October 24, 2012
Reichle & De-Massari (R&M), the Swiss structured cabling specialist, said it has successfully upgraded the copper cabling network infrastructure at the Technical University of Berlin in El Gouna, Egypt.
Announcing the upgradation, Alfred Tharwat, the area manager, Africa for R&M said, "We are proud we had this opportunity to work on such a landmark project such as the Technical University of Berlin. Our partner exerted a great effort over the project and the client Orascom appreciated R&M’s after sales support.”
Sameh Kamel, El Gouna Communication Manager said, "Choosing the right cabling components was a critical decision for us as it is the foundation for our network. R&M and their Swiss quality modular solutions were an obvious choice as they offered all the requirements we sought. Additionally their QPP training for our staff was extremely beneficial.”
R&M also offered a qualified partner program (QPP) to the El Gouna Service Company, the telecom provider for the university, as part of their after sales support and to increase El Gouna staff’s expertise.
The training centered on how to install and request the warranty. Now local El Gouna Telecom support staff will be able to better manage all aspects of the network on site.
Jean-Pierre Labry, the executive VP of R&M Middle East and Africa, said, “We’re continuing our success record in Egypt with this breakthrough project, in-line with R&M’s reputation of providing our clients, speed, quality, and reliability.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower
- Interface named ‘Most Sustainable' firm
- Musanada inks $582m Abu Dhabi-Dubai road deal
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom