JLL appoints new Saudi director
Dubai, October 14, 2012
Leading real estate investment and advisory firm, Jones Lang LaSalle, has appointed Peter Bibby, as its new national director and co-head of its Saudi Arabian operations.
Bibby, a fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS) in the UK and a long standing expert on Saudi Arabia’s real estate market, will work alongside John Harris, the company’s other national director in the Kingdom.
He brings over 30 years’ experience in the real estate industry, a statement from the company said. Bibby started his career in London working for Jones Lang Wootton (the predecessor firm of Jones Lang LaSalle) and has subsequently worked across major markets which include the US, UK, Europe and the Middle East.
In addition, he has worked in both East Africa and Bangladesh on behalf of occupational clients. Up until 2010 Peter was the country manager for DTZ in Saudi Arabia and has extensive experience advising on real estate projects in the Kingdom, the statement said.
Alan Robertson, CEO of Jones Lang LaSalle, Mena, said: “We welcome Bibby back to the company. Saudi Arabia remains a very important and exciting part of our Mena business. Together with Wootton, he will manage a business that is ever-growing and maturing in a country currently seeing significant investment into a whole range of housing and infrastructure projects in addition to an already highly active commercial real estate sector.”
“Long-term economic and demographic growth, combined with the government’s major investment in to social and economic development initiatives and infrastructure, is driving significant growth across the Kingdom across all sectors,” Bibby concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project