Dubai rents up 3pc; Bahrain down 18pc
Dubai, October 14, 2012
Rents in the some parts of Dubai increased by more than 3 per cent during the first six months of the year, according to a report.
According to the property adviser latest published last week, tenants who signed up to rent in
Rents in Dubai's prime localities rose 2 per cent in June this year compared to March, The National report said quoting Knight Frank's Prime Global Rental Index.
Year-on-year (June 2011 to June 2012), rents in the same neighbourhoods rose by 3.3 per cent, the report said.
Dubai's top neighbourhoods were ranked ninth out of the 16 cities the company surveyed in terms of rent increases.
It said prime rents in Bahrain's capital, Manama, fell by 18.1 per cent in the year to June as political protests took their toll on the economy.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum