Nakheel appoints Manchanda as CEO
Dubai , October 10, 2012
Dubai developer Nakheel, whose flagship projects include islands in the shape of palm trees, has appointed Sanjay Manchanda as chief executive officer (CEO), the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
Manchanda had been acting CEO since June 2011, prior to which he was seconded to the firm as chief financial officer and played a leading role in the company's financial restructuring.
Nakheel, a unit of Dubai World, was forced to separately negotiate a restructuring agreement with creditors, after running into debt troubles in the wake of the global economic downturn and a collapse of Dubai's property market. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show