Nakheel appoints Manchanda as CEO
Dubai , October 10, 2012
Dubai developer Nakheel, whose flagship projects include islands in the shape of palm trees, has appointed Sanjay Manchanda as chief executive officer (CEO), the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
Manchanda had been acting CEO since June 2011, prior to which he was seconded to the firm as chief financial officer and played a leading role in the company's financial restructuring.
Nakheel, a unit of Dubai World, was forced to separately negotiate a restructuring agreement with creditors, after running into debt troubles in the wake of the global economic downturn and a collapse of Dubai's property market. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tecom announces new operational structure
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site
- Strike won't affect projects says Arabtec
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- MMG appoints advisor for debt restructuring
- Dar Al Arkan to sell benchmark-sized sukuk
- Bahrain plans $52m spend on infrastructure