Bahrain to speed up key projects
Manama, October 7, 2012
All documents and approvals relating to projects listed in the GCC Support Programme are to be speeded up and their implementation is to be carried out immediately within a set time frame, said a senior government official.
Required budgets for such projects are available covering all sectors to meet citizens' housing, educational and health needs in particular, said Deputy Premier Shaikh Khalid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa at the ministerial services committee.
The first phase of housing projects includes construction of 8,160 units, of which 2,100 are in the Northern City, 4,500 in East Hidd and 1,560 in the Southern Governorate.
New projects in the education sector include Hunainiya Secondary School for Boys, Busaiteen Intermediate School, Isa Town Primary School for Boys, Hamad Town Intermediate School for Boys, Malkiya Primary and Intermediate School for Girls and a girls' school in Jaw.
The first phase also includes development of several main roads, including Alba-Nuwaidrat Interchange, Northern City Road, second bridge junction on Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Highway, the first phase of Muharraq circular road and the fourth phase of Tubli Wastewater Treatment Plant expansion.
Health projects include construction of hospitals for patients requiring longer stay, in Muharraq, particularly for polio patients and the handicapped in addition to a dialysis centre in the Southern Governorate.
The first phase also consists of vital projects in the electricity and water sector, including networks upgrade and construction of three new stations to meet increasing demand.
The meeting directed ministries to include in the GCC Support Programme second phase projects to develop villages and old areas across the country. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna