60pc Bahrain project work completed
Manama, September 30, 2012
The Bahrain works ministry said 60 per cent of the construction work on the BD1.59 million ($4.14 million) Isa Bin Salman Highway Revamp Project has been completed.
The project, which involves extension from its interchange with Shaikh Salman Highway on the east to King Fahad Causeway on the west at a length of 18 km both directions, was awarded to Bahrain Asphalt Company.
The final asphalting works is due to be competed by the end of October, said the ministry's roads projects and maintenance director Raed Al Salah.
There will be some traffic diversions and also some lanes will be close down for the smooth implementation of the project, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer
- 1,800 contracting workers in Bahrain end strike
- 200 Arabtec workers to be repatriated
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure