Kuwait Metro bids likely by year-end
Kuwait, September 26, 2012
Bids are likely to be accepted for the first phase of Kuwait's Metro project before the end of the year, an official was quoted as saying.
Study for the first phase is almost complete and awaits the approval of the Higher Committee for Government-sanctioned Projects ahead of accepting bids, Kuna news agency quoted director of the technical apparatus for development projects Adel Al-Roumi as saying.
The committee will hold a meeting next month to adopt and approve bidding papers, Al-Roumi told Kuna.
Al-Roumi said the Kuwait metro project needs vast infrastructure and as soon as the bid winner is announced, work on the project will begin in 2013.
The metro project is expected to be fully ready in 2020.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show