Saudi launches Madinah mosque expansion project
Madinah, September 25, 2012
Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah yesterday laid the foundation stone for the largest expansion project of the Prophet's Mosque in Madinah.
The King viewed two replicas of the project and he was briefed on it by the Minister of Finance, a Saudi Press Agency report said.
The current expansion will be implemented in three phases. The construction area will cover about one million square meters and and capacity of the mosque after the expansion will increase to 1.6 million worshippers, an official said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower
- Interface named ‘Most Sustainable' firm
- Musanada inks $582m Abu Dhabi-Dubai road deal
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom