Saudi launches Madinah mosque expansion project
Madinah, September 25, 2012
Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah yesterday laid the foundation stone for the largest expansion project of the Prophet's Mosque in Madinah.
The King viewed two replicas of the project and he was briefed on it by the Minister of Finance, a Saudi Press Agency report said.
The current expansion will be implemented in three phases. The construction area will cover about one million square meters and and capacity of the mosque after the expansion will increase to 1.6 million worshippers, an official said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Dubai to open $196m tunnels project
- AECOM wins $148m Doha Expressway contract
- Top Indian property firm plans Bahrain foray
- Pacific Ventures names brand ambassador
- Chesterton to unveil prime London properties
- Indian Property Show 2013 to be ‘biggest ever’
- Alwaleed eyes world's big cities for mile-high tower
- Cluttons seals tenancy deal with Durrat
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles
- Drake & Scull mulls dual listing in Saudi