Bahrain completes key road project
Manama, September 24, 2012
Bahrain Ministry of Works said it has completed the work on the first phase of BD872,642 ($2.2 million) Zaid Bin Omaira Revamp project extending from Buri roundabout on Wali Al Ahad Avenue to Dimistan.
The revamp was done on this part of the 920m long road by transforming it into a double lane road on each direction, with a central reservation, side pavements and a service passageway, one of which is 200m long.
Assistant undersecretary for Roads Huda Fakhro said the Ministry has also recently revamped Road 3841, by transforming it into a double 2 lane road on each direction; linking Zaid Bin Omaira Avenue to Roundabout 18 in Hamad Town, and from there to Sh. Khalifa bin Salman Highway.
In 2010, the ministry had completed phases 3 and 4 of the revamp project; extending from Zaid Bin Omaira Avenue Interchange with Avenue 2 to its interchange with Avenue 36 at a length of 3288 m.
Fakhro said the project aims to enhance traffic safety for road users by decreasing the number of direct intersections overlooking the road, which is a major cause for fatal road accidents.
The project also aims to increase the capacity of this arterial road and therefore serve residents in the Western Area; a part of the Northern Governorate.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna