Bahrain awards $46m road projects
Manama, September 12, 2012
Baharin has awarded major contracts worth BD17.5 million ($46 million) for roads and infrastructure projects in the last two months, said a senior government official.
Works Ministry technical services assistant under-secretary Ahmed Al Khayyat said 11 tenders worth BD8 million were also likely to be finalised in the coming weeks.
"During July, the projects awarded included electrical maintenance works implemented by 15 contractors as well as contracts to manage rainwater," he said.
"Contracts were also awarded for building works and revamp of the Gudaibiya Palace garden project."
Al Khayyat said other projects included the revamp of the Bahrain Training Institute's electricity network, maintenance of the Prime Minister's Court building and the renovation of the Justice and Islamic Affairs Ministry.
This is in addition to the awarding of tenders for a revamp of Avenue 5 in Isa Town and the maintenance of parking ticket machines.
"A revamp of Hawar Highway from Askar to Jaw was also launched as also was the car park project adjacent to the Bahrain Defence Force offices in Hamala," said Al Khayyat.
"Painting and maintenance of bridges and the beautification of the Sitra Causeway project were also included."
In the sanitary engineering sector, bids were invited for two tenders during July and another two last month.
"This included a contract for consultation services for the sewage network scheme in Jidhafs and Nuwaidrat," said Al Khayyat.
The ministry awarded contracts worth BD14 million in the sector during the same period last year.
Meanwhile, Al Khayat said work at several key infrastructure projects across the country, including the Al Estiqlal Highway revamp and the Palace Roundabout signals project, was running on schedule. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum