Ahmad Bin Byat
UAE homes revamp drive extended to Sept
Dubai, August 28, 2012
A home renovation campaign in the UAE, launched by top telecom operator du has received more than more than Dh10.3 million ($2.86 million) in donations, prompting the company to extend the initiative until September 30.
Du has donated Dh700,000 to the Ramadan campaign Feekom Al Khair w Al Barakah (With your goodness and blessings) with the support of its Emirati Plan customers (5 per cent of every Emirati Plan subscription is retained as a donation to be used towards charitable causes in the UAE).
Du has donated an additional Dh500,000 ($136,130) to help renovate even more homes.
Ahmad Bin Byat, chairman, du, said: “The people of the UAE have demonstrated their generosity by donating such a substantial amount into our home renovation fund. This demonstrates their allegiance with the vision of the UAE leadership and the government, who have established a flourishing welfare state that has provided benefits to us all.”
“Our belief is that it is our collective responsibility to respond to the call of our leadership in maintaining our society’s values and attributes of equality, security and stability.
“We have the ability to touch the lives of our fellow Emiratis by making a contribution to initiatives such as Feekom Al Khair w Al Barakah, to exercise our power to make a difference.”
Contributions can be made via an Emirates Islamic Bank account number or by SMS. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer
- 1,800 contracting workers in Bahrain end strike
- 200 Arabtec workers to be repatriated
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure