Ahmad Bin Byat
UAE homes revamp drive extended to Sept
Dubai, August 28, 2012
A home renovation campaign in the UAE, launched by top telecom operator du has received more than more than Dh10.3 million ($2.86 million) in donations, prompting the company to extend the initiative until September 30.
Du has donated Dh700,000 to the Ramadan campaign Feekom Al Khair w Al Barakah (With your goodness and blessings) with the support of its Emirati Plan customers (5 per cent of every Emirati Plan subscription is retained as a donation to be used towards charitable causes in the UAE).
Du has donated an additional Dh500,000 ($136,130) to help renovate even more homes.
Ahmad Bin Byat, chairman, du, said: “The people of the UAE have demonstrated their generosity by donating such a substantial amount into our home renovation fund. This demonstrates their allegiance with the vision of the UAE leadership and the government, who have established a flourishing welfare state that has provided benefits to us all.”
“Our belief is that it is our collective responsibility to respond to the call of our leadership in maintaining our society’s values and attributes of equality, security and stability.
“We have the ability to touch the lives of our fellow Emiratis by making a contribution to initiatives such as Feekom Al Khair w Al Barakah, to exercise our power to make a difference.”
Contributions can be made via an Emirates Islamic Bank account number or by SMS. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum