Jotun opens powder coatings factory in China
Dubai, July 11, 2012
Jotun, a leading producer and distributors of paints, coatings, and powder coatings, has opened its new state-of-the-art powder coatings factory and regional research and development (R&D) facility in China.
Located in Zhangjiangang, Jiangsu Province, the new production facility covers an area of 130,000 sq m with a design that looks towards maximizing on efficiencies and a keying in a reduction in energy consumption.
The new R&D facility is focused on the creation and development of products for coatings, paint and powder coatings.
According to Jotun senior officials, the opening is part of the company’s continued thrust to develop world class products that add more value to its customers while also highlighting Jotun’s global expertise, product quality and best practices standards.
The new production facility was built adjacent to an already operational coatings factory in Jiangsu.
The facility is equipped with the most modern equipment and machinery to ensure product consistency, energy efficiency and in compliance with the HSE standards.
Products to be developed in the newly-opened factory include Fusion Bond Epoxy powder coatings, hybrid epoxy/polyester powder coatings, polyester powder coatings and other specialized products.
“The opening of these two new facilities proves to be a very strategic move for us as China is currently positioned as the world’s largest and fastest growing powder coatings market. The move represents our commitment towards creating world class products that add more value to our customers,” said Bjorn Naglestad, general manager, Jotun Coatings China.
“Both the factory and the R & D facility reflect Jotun’s core values and objectives,’ he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract