Top Saudi developer posts 11pc Q2 growth
Riyadh, July 7, 2012
Saudi Arabia's Dar al-Arkan, the kingdom's largest property developer, said its second-quarter net profit rose 11 per cent to SR331 million ($88 million), missing analyst expectations.
A group of six analysts had forecast that Dar Al Arkan would achieve a net profit averaging SR424 million.
The firm made SR331 million profit in the three months ending June 30, compared to SR 298 million in the same period a year earlier, it said in a bourse statement on Saturday.
Operational profit too increased 11.8 percent in the second-quarter to SR341.7 million, compared with SR305 million in the same period a year earlier, it said.
"The increase in net income for the six month period and the second quarter this year compared... is primarily due to the increase in real estate sales, which is attributable to the demand increase on the company's products," the statement said.
The kingdom's real estate sector is characterised by very strong demand for housing and was given a further boost in early July when the government said it had approved a mortgage law that will regulate lending to house buyers.
Dar Al Arkan said in May it would book gains from a SR741.7 million-land sale in its second-quarter results.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan