Bahrain plans first 530 homes of new project
Manama, July 3, 2012
A total of 530 homes will be built as part of the first phase of the Northern City Project in Bahrain, said Housing Minister Bassim Al Hamer.
Four Bahraini contractors have been selected to start work by middle of the month following the tendering process, he said, adding the homes will be ready in one year.
Land allocation is about to be completed, he said.
He said the project includes about 15,000 homes and in the first phase about 2,300 homes will be built in about two and a half years.
The first phase will also include 2,470 homes to be built by the Naseej company.
Al Hamer said financial and technical procedures may take time before the company starts work.
He said the ministry was also planning to start the second phase, which will comprise 4,000 homes, plots and flats, based on the schedules included in the general plan which is expected to be ready by September.
Ministries and concerned parties will, then, draw their final visions on their infrastructure needs. The Northern City Project, along with East Hidd and East Sitra cities, are expected to reduce the waiting list considerably, he added. It is being carried out on a 740-hectare area. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments