Erbil buys Bobcat for snow clearance work
Erbil, June 28, 2012
Erbil, the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan, recently purchased a Bobcat S300 skid-steer loader equipped with a snow V-blade attachment for snow clearance work on roads in the Mergasor region, known for extreme snowfalls during the winter season.
The Erbil authories made the purchase to conduct snow clearance work on roads in the Mergasor region, known for extreme snowfalls during the winter season, said a statement from Tristar Company for General Trading, the official Biobcat dealer in Erbil.
Tristar is a wholly-owned division of Al-Sayer Group, one of the largest automotive companies in Kuwait with over 50 years of experience in the automotive and heavy equipment industry.
With the Bobcat S300 skid-steer loader and the Snow V-Blade Attachment, Tristar has provided the perfect solution for the municipality’s road maintenance team, it stated.
As soon as the Bobcat equipment went into action, the authorities could see it could clear the snow without causing damage not just on the main roads but also on the narrow side roads where the much bigger dozers and graders could not work anyway.
As well as providing fast removal of snow even up to depths of 1 m thick, the compact Bobcat loader-snow blade combination prevents damage to the local roads caused by the larger bulldozer and grader machines used in the past and can clear snow from side roads and other areas vital to local people, where the bulldozers and graders could not previously go because of their size, it added.
The versatile Bobcat snow V-blade, which is available in five different widths, can be used in five configurations: as a V-blade, scoop blade, straight blade and 30° left or 30° right angle blade, the company said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed