Major road in Bahrain closed for repair
Manama, June 21, 2012
The Bahrain Financial Harbour road will be closed for repair work from today (June 21) until Sunday, said an official from the Works Ministry.
Traffic from Government Avenue towards the Harbour road will be diverted following the closure of the right lane, but the left lane will remain open.
Repair work will be undertaken from 10am until 4pm today.
The second phase will include the closure of the Harbour road between the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry building and King Faisal Highway from both directions.
There would be no access to King Faisal Highway through the Harbour road intersection or exiting it until 5am on Sunday, after which it will be reopened.
Traffic moving towards Manama Suq can be diverted through the Palace Road intersection and continue through Government Avenue.
Moreover, vehicles can exit the area through Palace Road or Isa Al Kabeer Road towards King Faisal Highway.
Meanwhile, authorities are pulling out all the stops to ensure repairs on the highway are completed on schedule. Extra workers have been drafted in to speed up work on the King Faisal Highway after inspections revealed a water leakage under the road had caused it to slowly sink. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- MMG appoints advisor for debt restructuring
- Dar Al Arkan to sell benchmark-sized sukuk
- Bahrain plans $52m spend on infrastructure
- Bahrain launches massive homes revamp
- Arabtec workers stage rare strike
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Big demand for housing projects at KAEC
- Bahrain real estate prices slump
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects