Major road in Bahrain closed for repair
Manama, June 21, 2012
The Bahrain Financial Harbour road will be closed for repair work from today (June 21) until Sunday, said an official from the Works Ministry.
Traffic from Government Avenue towards the Harbour road will be diverted following the closure of the right lane, but the left lane will remain open.
Repair work will be undertaken from 10am until 4pm today.
The second phase will include the closure of the Harbour road between the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry building and King Faisal Highway from both directions.
There would be no access to King Faisal Highway through the Harbour road intersection or exiting it until 5am on Sunday, after which it will be reopened.
Traffic moving towards Manama Suq can be diverted through the Palace Road intersection and continue through Government Avenue.
Moreover, vehicles can exit the area through Palace Road or Isa Al Kabeer Road towards King Faisal Highway.
Meanwhile, authorities are pulling out all the stops to ensure repairs on the highway are completed on schedule. Extra workers have been drafted in to speed up work on the King Faisal Highway after inspections revealed a water leakage under the road had caused it to slowly sink. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals