Cavotec secures Sohar Airport contract
Dubai, May 23, 2012
Global engineering group, Cavotec, has announced that it has secured a contract with the new Sohar Airport in Oman for the supply of a combination of aviation fuelling systems and equipment.
Under the terms of the contract, Cavotec will deliver fuel hydrant pits and isolation valve pits, as well as truck unloading skids and a fuel flow control valve instrumentation package.
The order makes Sohar Airport the first airport in the region to include the complete Cavotec portfolio of fuelling components and equipment, a statement from the company said.
Juergen Strommer, managing director, Cavotec Middle East, said: “This latest deal for Cavotec highlights the combined strength of our individual airports engineering divisions, whose highly-specialised technologies for various airport requirements synergise to create end-to-end solutions that guarantee streamlined operations, reduced costs, improved safety and minimised carbon emissions.”
Close cooperation and engineering coordination with the main contractor along with Cegelec, helped ensure the contract win for Cavotec, the statement said. Furthermore, universal acceptance by oil companies for Cavotec innovations assisted in speeding up the approval process.
Deliveries have commenced and the installations are slated for completion by the end of the third quarter of the year, it said.
As one of the fastest-growing industrial hubs of Oman, Sohar’s new airport will aid in the development of the region, and is foreseen to welcome an increasing amount of traffic from international business travellers to arrive directly to the city, which houses some of the Middle East’s largest refineries.
The deployment of Cavotec technologies in the aviation centre ensures that the airport operates optimally in terms of energy-efficiency, carbon footprint, and passenger, worker and equipment safety.
Cavotec’s most recent contract win comes during the company’s 12th participation at the ongoing Dubai Airport Show, where it will unveil the new E3 Gate Concept (Ergonomics, Economy, Environment). This innovative solution improves operational efficiency by providing ground services (400Hz - PCAir - blue water - potable water - sewage - air start) via underground pits. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna