Drake & Scull wins Binary Tower deal
Dubai, May 6, 2012
Drake & Scull Construction (DSC), the civil contracting arm of Drake & Scull International (DSI), has been selected as the main contractor for the construction of the Binary commercial tower at Dubai’s Business Bay.
The contract is valued at Dh200 million and the scope includes all associated construction works to complete the tower.
DSI is a regional market leader in integrated design, engineering and construction disciplines of civil contracting, water and power and mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP).
Developed by ‘Omniyat’, a market leading real estate development company based in Dubai, Binary is a 25-storey commercial tower offering grade A commercial space with magnificent waterfront views of the thriving Business Bay area in the heart of Dubai’s Skyline.
“We have been able to secure some of the key developments that we have been eyeing over the past months as part of our efforts to increase our market share in the civil business across the Mena region. The Binary agreement reflects our successful and continuous growth in this line of business and gives us cautious optimism about the construction industry outlook in the UAE. We have already mobilized on site and commenced work with an estimated completion date in early 2014,” said Saleh Muradweij, managing director of Drake and Scull Construction.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure
- Better Homes releases property guides
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site