UMG completes Oman turnkey project
Dubai, April 29, 2012
Unique Maritime Group (UMG), a leading integrated turnkey subsea and offshore solution provider, said one of its unit has completed the first turnkey sludge & slops project for the Oman government.
Unique Tile Services, a joint venture between Dubai-based maritime organization Tile Marine and UMG, said it has reached the commissioning and training phase of a sludge & slops project at Duqm Dry Docks, Oman’s first ship repair facility.
Using waste treatment plants designed by nature environmental solutions, the facility uses the latest in environmental technology to biologically process oily tank washings taken from tankers undergoing maintenance at the dockyard complex, it stated.
Breaking ground in 2011, this marks the final stage of completion of Unique’s first turnkey project for the Oman Government, according to a top official.
The facility can receive up to 10,000 cu m of slops and has already begun receiving consignments of slops cargo as the training team assists the Oman Drydock Company open for business, said Ian Huggins, the general manager at Unique System.
“Unique’s project management skills were tested during this demanding project as the facility lies some 500km from the nearest port and city,' remarked Huggins.
'The logistics of designing and constructing this remote project presented constant challenges for the engineers and managers based in the UK, Norway, Gibraltar, UAE and Muscat. I am proud of my team who not only faced these challenges but also overcame them with success,' he added.
UMG is a specialist in the provision of services, and the sale and rental of equipment for the marine, diving, hydrographic, oceanographic, and NDT market sectors.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract