Maskan Arabia to unveil key Saudi projects
Riyadh, April 28, 2012
Maskan Arabia, a leading construction company in Saudi Arabia, will showcase its latest housing projects at the Riyadh Real Estate and Urban Development Exhibition 2012 (Restatex 2012) which opens today (April 29).
The event, which will run till May 2 at Riyadh International Exhibition Center, will see Maskan Arabia highlight the necessity of providing affordable finance to developers for carrying out more housing projects.
Most of the development companies in Saudi Arabia aspire to accelerate new housing projects, said a senior official.
Consequently, investors need to take into consideration the high cost of construction and the shortage of qualified contractors, which makes their prices high according to supply and demand balance, while the quality of individual contractors' work does not meet the required standards, remarked Hossam Al-Rashoudi, the CEO of Maskan Arabia.
However, the high cost of construction is not the only obstacle that real estate development companies face.
In fact, high prices of white lands and lack of proper financing solutions signify the main problem that prevents citizens from obtaining proper affordable housing for their families and represent a major challenge for investors in this field, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals