Gatehouse seals $55m UK property deal
Manama, April 25, 2012
Gatehouse Bank, a London-based Sharia-compliant investment bank, has announced the successful delivery of its realised investment in UK real estate through the sale of two properties in a deal worth £34.4 million ($55.5 million).
The deal involving an UK student accommodation portfolio represents an excellent return for Gatehouse's investors, who have benefited from an internal rate of return of 18.6 per cent during the two-year holding period, and a return on investment of 37.2 per cent on exit, said a senior official.
'Over the past two years we have invested in the student accommodation sector on behalf of our investors, confident of the excellent return potential, which we believe we have successfully delivered in the realisation of the UK student accommodation portfolio investment,' remarked chairman Fahed Boodai.
'Gatehouse Bank was quick to seize the market opportunity to enable an impressive return on investment,' he observed.
'We promised that we would deliver a solid return to our investors, and we have achieved that result yielding a 9.1 per cent return in the first year, and an increase to 9.7 per cent in the second year,' said Boodai.
'When the time was right, we managed to deliver a successful exit result within two years, one year ahead of schedule as we have achieved our targeted returns,' he noted.
Importantly, we delivered the asset sale with a view to reward our investors with a profitable return on investment as a priority, rather than retain asset management fees for the additional holding period, he pointed out.
According to Boodai, Gatehouse has clearly demonstrated to its investor clients its ability to develop a commendable track record of transactional experience.
'This is due to our unrivalled expertise in the market, which includes a strong UK and US real estate team of originators, analysts, asset managers and a credit and market risk team who provide end-to-end commercial real estate solutions to investors,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project