Deyaar to deliver 3 projects this year
Dubai, April 19, 2012
Struggling Dubai developer Deyaar posted a 64 percent drop in its first-quarter net profit and said it plans to deliver three long-pending projects by the end of this year.
Deyaar made a net profit of 9.4 million dirhams ($2.56 million) during the first-quarter, compared with 26.3 million dirhams in the prior-year period.
Dubai's second-largest property developer by market value said its gross revenues reached 150 million dirhams in the quarter and its total assets were valued at 6.7 billion dirhams.
Deyaar, badly hit by Dubai's property bust, continues to reel under the impact of the global financial crisis. The company said the repercussions of this were seen on the first quarter as well.
"We look forward to delivering another three projects over the course of this year," Saeed Al Qatami, chief executive of Deyaar said in a statement.
The statement gave no details of the projects which the company was working on. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals