Cement sales in Saudi jump 12.6pc
Jubail, April 19, 2012
Cement sales in Saudi Arabia during March increased 12.6 percent to reach 4.9 million tonnes, a record high for monthly sales, a report said.
Clinker production grew by 10 percent to reach 4 million tonnes, another record, said the report in the Arab News quoting an NCB Capital study.
It said clinker stocks declined sharply by 44.4 percent to reach 5.02 million tonnes.
Cement exports dropped 64.5 percent year on year and 17.7 percent month to month to 65,000 tonnes in March, the report added.
Cement production also increased 12.6 percent year on year to 5.10 million tonnes in March 2012. Clinker production also increased by 10.0 percent year on year to 4.02 million tonnes, it said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract