Cement sales in Saudi jump 12.6pc
Jubail, April 19, 2012
Cement sales in Saudi Arabia during March increased 12.6 percent to reach 4.9 million tonnes, a record high for monthly sales, a report said.
Clinker production grew by 10 percent to reach 4 million tonnes, another record, said the report in the Arab News quoting an NCB Capital study.
It said clinker stocks declined sharply by 44.4 percent to reach 5.02 million tonnes.
Cement exports dropped 64.5 percent year on year and 17.7 percent month to month to 65,000 tonnes in March, the report added.
Cement production also increased 12.6 percent year on year to 5.10 million tonnes in March 2012. Clinker production also increased by 10.0 percent year on year to 4.02 million tonnes, it said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- MMG appoints advisor for debt restructuring
- Dar Al Arkan to sell benchmark-sized sukuk
- Bahrain plans $52m spend on infrastructure
- Bahrain launches massive homes revamp
- Arabtec workers stage rare strike
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Big demand for housing projects at KAEC
- Bahrain real estate prices slump
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects