Poullaides marks 10 years of success in Bahrain
Manama, April 18, 2012
Poullaides Construction Company, a leader in the building and civil engineering projects sector including electro-mechanical works, yesterday celebrated 10 years of its history in Bahrain.
Speaking at a gala reception at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, founder and chairman Christos Poullaides said when he launched the company in Bahrain it was suggested to him that he was setting out on a journey that would not last four months.
'I took the view that a journey of 1,000 miles starts with the first step and that has been how we have gone from then to now,' he told the gathering of more than 250 guests.
'We have had a philosophy that today will be better than yesterday and tomorrow will be even more successful,' he added.
Poullaides said it had invested more than $10 million in 119 projects and created more than 30 million man hours of work for people in the Kingdom.
'But I have always taken the view that our main asset is our people,' he stated.
'Construction is always a dangerous business and while we have worked to ensure the highest quality of service, we have always maintained the highest standards for our workforce,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum