Poullaides marks 10 years of success in Bahrain
Manama, April 18, 2012
Poullaides Construction Company, a leader in the building and civil engineering projects sector including electro-mechanical works, yesterday celebrated 10 years of its history in Bahrain.
Speaking at a gala reception at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, founder and chairman Christos Poullaides said when he launched the company in Bahrain it was suggested to him that he was setting out on a journey that would not last four months.
'I took the view that a journey of 1,000 miles starts with the first step and that has been how we have gone from then to now,' he told the gathering of more than 250 guests.
'We have had a philosophy that today will be better than yesterday and tomorrow will be even more successful,' he added.
Poullaides said it had invested more than $10 million in 119 projects and created more than 30 million man hours of work for people in the Kingdom.
'But I have always taken the view that our main asset is our people,' he stated.
'Construction is always a dangerous business and while we have worked to ensure the highest quality of service, we have always maintained the highest standards for our workforce,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014